The purpose of this cooperation project is to promote sustainable rural development by demonstrating farmers how to uptake low-carbon agriculture technologies to promote its adoption, recovering the productive potential of degraded agriculture land and restoring areas of legal maintenance of native vegetation. The project aims to increase the sustainability of agricultural production while preserving the environment; reducing the pressure for deforestation on new areas; reduce the emission of greenhouse gases; increase carbon stocks; conserve the biodiversity; and improve the livelihood of rural population.
Activities of project
- Promote training for Technical Assistants in technologies low carbon supported by the Project;
- Select Demonstration Units (UDs) in the 70 municipalities of the Project;
- Promote training for rural producers whit technical visits in UDs supported by the Project;
- Support rural producers to obtain Rural Credit in their traditional lines by providing technical assistance enabled and financial incentives for the implementation of Multipliers Units (MUs).
- Crop-livestock-forest integrated
- Recovery of degraded areas
- Commercial forest planting
- Sustainable management of remaining native forest
Area covered by the project
- US$ 40 million (grants)
- US$ 400 million leveraged (including loans)
- 10 million tCO2 emissions reduced
- 3,710 small & medium producers benefited